Friday, June 8, 2012

Unborn babies could be tested for 3,500 genetic anomalies


The proponents of 'the brave new world' seem to be determined to ensure it flourishes even at the expense of human life.

According to a Daily Telegraph newspaper report June 6th, US scientists claim to have predicted the entire genetic code of an unborn child.  

The Telegraph says that it could lead to tests for 3,5000 genetic anomalies. Tests on unborn children often lead to decisions to perform abortions and this can only lead to more and more terminations. 

Anthony Ozimic of SPUC made the following comment: 
"The science-fiction scenario of the film Gattaca, in which babies are graded at birth according to predictions of future health, is becoming fact. Society can reverse this nightmare scenario by resolving to put human beings above so-called scientific progress,"

Here is a short poem


Survival of the fittest


Will you take me as I am?
Now that you have seen the scan.
You fear I could be born deficient
Is my presence not sufficient?

Will you love me and accept me,
Or will you callously reject me?
Focus not on my defect,
Please accept and don’t reject.

What about the blind and lame
Surely they deserve a name?
If only the perfect may be born
What you practice is profane.